The Molotok

Property of Corvus Belli.  From Campaign: Paradiso.

With Paradiso's arrival, Ariadna has finally received a weapon that might start replacing our beloved HMG.  The Molotok (meaning hammer in a bajilion Eastern European languages) is Ariadna's version of the Spitfire, and I have to admit that despite my initial excitement at hearing about a new weapon...I was a bit underwhelmed when I first saw it.

I mean, one of the main draws of the Spitfire is that it is at +3 from 0-24", covering that blind spot that the HMG sometimes gets into (especially on units that start or blitz up the board).  The Molotok doesn't have that blind spot covered.  In fact, it's just like an HMG but with a shorter/smaller +3 range, and nothing to make up for it.

Nothing except the cost, that is.  HMGs are expensive buggers, and Molotoks seem cheap like nobody's business.  As Corvus Belli has requested players not to reveal the formula they use to design units, I won't be too precise (but send me a message and I can give you my breakdown!)...but from what I've worked out, the Molotok is a lot closer in cost to a Combi-Rifle than it is to a Spitfire.  And that's saying something.


All that's left to say, really, is...can I have one of these on a Zouave, please?

Comments

  1. I'd prefer one on a Veteran Kazak :) with Flamer it would be pure awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, it *would* be awesome. But I get the feeling that it would be way too cheap...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I made a little miscalculation...but the Molotok is still closer to the Combi Rifle than it is to the Spitfire. If you want an approximate number, the Molotok is worth just slightly over half of what a Spitfire costs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy New Year - and Updates!

Battle Report - Boudicca, Scourge of Rome VS Manfred Rochdale

The Devotee of Tezcatlipoca, the Smoking Mirror